Post new topic   Reply to topic    Eternal Life Forum Index -> Accepted Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Alathis
Friends/Alts

re: App: _Alathis

The application submitted by _Alathis is as follows:

Quote:
1. Please provide a link to your armory, as well as your battletag.:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/elune/Alathis/simple - Battle Tag: Alathis#1247

2. Please link us to some recent warcraftlogs parses. If you do not have any, get them. AskMrRobot parses will also suffice.:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/996168/latest

3. What is your dual spec? Are you comfortable using it in a raid situation (if applicable)?:
Beast Mastery. I'm experienced with playing all 3 specs in WOD raiding and am willing to play whichever one is needed at any time.

4. We require the use of DBM or Bigwigs. We also require Weakauras, GTFO, Exorsus Raid Tools, and Angry Assignments. Confirm that you either already use these, or will download them upon acceptance to the guild.:
I already use everything except exorsus though I can get that easily enough.

5. Please provide a link to a screenshot of your UI. (If you do not know how to do this, go to imageshack.us or a similar website, and upload your screenshot there, then post a link to it here). Don't write "default UI" and don't leave this blank.:
http://i.imgur.com/GXUfSSr.jpg

6. Why do you want to join Eternal Life, and what do you look for in a guild?:
I've been looking for a good casual/semi-hardcore raid guild since my last one went to pieces and yours is pretty much a carbon copy of it when it comes to the raid times and scheduling. I think your general attitudes towards the game and progression level are also appropriate for someone with my experience and in my current situation (I'll explain below). What I look for in a guild is strict adherence to a weekly schedule while keeping a progression mindset. I used to raid in top 25 US hardcore progression guilds that would raid 5 nights week for arbitrary lengths of time. I'm a little too old to keep that sort of pacing up today but I still enjoy doing the content so I highly value the guilds who can clear content without going completely insane to do so. My own personal progression has fallen dramatically below what I feel it should be since I became guildless and I'm eager to try to get back to a stable raiding situation.

7. What are your recent previous guilds? Why did you leave? :
I'm not sure how recent you want so I can just give you a full history with some progression notes:

Heroic Might Of Elune: My first raid guild. Played with them all the way through Vanilla from Molten Core to Naxxramas. The guild exhausted itself during Naxx progression and eventually fell apart after a few nights of Four Horsemen attempts. Some of the other officers and I (I was hunter class leader and in charge of recruitment) picked up a few of the remaining members and formed a new guild on the last day before Burning Crusade to prepare for the new 25 man raids.

Ruin Of Elune: I raided with them for all of the Burning Crusade content pre-Sunwell. I'm not entirely sure what happened but during the gap between The Black Temple and Sunwell many members lost interest in raiding and quit the game. The guild was reduced to about 7-8 viable raiders so I was forced to move elsewhere.

Eminence Of Sargeras: Joined with them towards the end of Burning Crusade. I had some computer issues so I ended up missing most meaningful Sunwell progression and only participated in around 1 and a half clears with them. I also raided with them all of the first tier of Wrath content. The guild slowly broke up as a number of newly emerging guilds on Sargeras with quicker progression like Seriously Casual siphoned off members. I stuck with them for a time but left when our shrinking roster made further raiding impossible.

Impervious Of Stormreaver: I played with them for the later part of the first tier of Wrath and then for all of Ulduar and a portion of TOC. I was exhausted by their extreme schedule (4-5 days a week of raids that could go for as long as 10 hours) and not to enthusiastic about TOC. I left midway through TOC heroic progression in order to take a few months break from the game.

Just Crusade of Elune: I went back to Elune to play casually with some people I knew who still played. Though Just Crusade was a raid guild I joined as a casual rank and only did their alt runs or filled in for someone in their main raids if they needed someone. I completed all of my ICC progression with them in Wrath and eventually all of my Cataclysm progression with them as well. I left about a month into Warlords as many of the members quit towards the end of MOP and it was depressing being in a guild with only 4-5 active members.

Inner Focus of Elune: I joined them right before WOD raid content was released in order to get back into raiding and I raided with them exclusively in WOD. Our mythic progress died suddenly when one of the officers figured he could run his own guild better (later turns out that he couldn't) and took about half the members with him. Due to the declining population and dead raid scene of Elune we started raiding cross server with another guild in HFC. While most of the others transferred over to join them I opted not to. I was just about the only person not willing to transfer and some people were worried about leaving me behind so I split off on my own to make the transition easier for them. Not many people seem to have a high desire for more hunters (I blame aspect of the fox) so I've been looking for a new guild that is a good fit ever since.

8. Do you know any one in Eternal Life? If so, how do you know them?:
Not off hand though I tend to find one ex-Impervious member in every guild I join so it's possible.

9. Which website(s) do you use to get information about bosses and your class? Why do you use these particular websites? Be sure to only mention websites that you actually use.:
I use the EJ hunter forums as they're still very active and are a great place to get up to date information on skill priority, gear, stat priority, and any other such information in a compact format. For bosses I use icy veins to mostly to keep up with abilities and watch videos for each boss. Lately I've been favoring Method's new series of mythic guides over things like Fatboss as I liked them a lot more.

10. Are you able to handle criticism so long as it's done respectfully?:
I've handled some that was everything but respectful so I don't have a problem handling the respectful kind.

Our Raid Schedule is as follows:

Tuesday, Thursday, and Monday: 7:45PM - 11:00PM EST

This is our raid schedule in a given week. When we are not working on progression, it can potentially be reduced to 1-2 days instead of 3.

11. Please list your availability for each of the listed nights. Be honest please; saying you will show every night and then not doing so looks very bad for a new trial.:
I'm available without any issues for each night.

12. Please list and describe any predictable IRL responsibilities or reasons why you may be late to and/or miss any of these given raid nights. Also, list any reasons you may need to frequently AFK during raids.:
I can't forsee anything that would cause any issues. I have a very regular personal schedule so only something very out of the ordinary would cause problems. I also can't see any reason I'd need to have frequent AFKs mid raid.

13. Lastly, tell us more about yourself. Is there anything you think we should know about you that wasn't already asked?:
I'm 25 years old, like in upstate New York and work as a software developer. I used to like playing Dota 2 but got mad and uninstalled it forever a few weeks ago. I know my gear and progression level might be a bit behind what your ideal expectations are but I'm trying to pull myself out of a dire turn of events. Also I am a 10 year plus veteran with experience in high end raiding so I think if I could just close that gap I'd be a valuable asset. Your recruitment posts said you valued loyalty and to that I can say in 10 years that the only guild I've ever left when it was still active was Impervious.

Freecelll

re: Re: App: _Alathis

_Alathis wrote:
The application submitted by _Alathis is as follows:
Quote:

9. Which website(s) do you use to get information about bosses and your class? Why do you use these particular websites? Be sure to only mention websites that you actually use.: I use the EJ hunter forums as they're still very active and are a great place to get up to date information on skill priority, gear, stat priority, and any other such information in a compact format. For bosses I use icy veins to mostly to keep up with abilities and watch videos for each boss. Lately I've been favoring Method's new series of mythic guides over things like Fatboss as I liked them a lot more.

10. Are you able to handle criticism so long as it's done respectfully?: I've handled some that was everything but respectful so I don't have a problem handling the respectful kind. 

remarks for 09. I can tell from #9 you really haven't delved into anything besides cookie cutter stuff recently. EJ has been dead a while, you may find 2-3 good posts on the class forums, but a lot of the chatter has gone silent, along with that icyveins is sketchy as well. I didn't hear you mention anything about Simcraft, so without Simcraft how are you handling your stat weights? to fully know the value of each stat out of your gear i highly suggest you use Simcraft then manually enter those weights into askrmrobot and  sim out gear etc. Also just going off what 1 person types on Icyveins can be bad and cost you dmg. ( i.e. it says assass rogues should stack haste which is our bottom worst stat available) simcraft also helps with this.

Remarks for 10. I can tell from your WotLK expierence u have dealt with some of the best and worst. If you mess up its not a big deal, if its a multiple occasion thing or becomes an issue you could potentially be called out the majority of the time its done in respect, but im in the military so i curse while doing it, just be prepared when i say "please kill adds" and it comes out as "just kill the fucken adds please ffs"

Final Remarks: Your parses are good on the first 8, then hte last 5 they drastically fall off, elaborate please. Right now we are in need of a hunter, you are a tad bit behind on gear. If you join you may be on trial for 1-2 weeks until you can catch up and perform at the level we need. As i'm sure you've heard that 6/13M is a giant step in raiding

_Alathis
Friends/Alts

re: APPROVED - App: _Alathis - by Killshield

For websites I probably should have mentioned Azortharion's hunter guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/14VmSmAZn_1imjc9LsgMWpPobdLN7HfvGesylN-2GmBc/preview?pli=1&sle=true) in conjunction with the Pawn addon which deals with stat weights for gear upgrades. I do also use Askmrrobot for gear choices but I haven't needed to in such a long time now since I was geared out entirely in BRF and haven't gotten much stuff in HFC that it also slipped my mind. I'm in agreement with the icy veins thing which is why I stay away from the class guides entirely (there was a similar thing with the BM hunter guide a while ago which also insisted that haste was the best stat when it was actually master) and use it mostly as a quick boss ability reference since I find it easier to follow than the dungeon journal.

When it comes to the logs I can explain Mannorth with the simple fact that in my one parse I messed up by not resisting the shadowforce enough and got thrown off and for Xhul'horac if I remember correctly someone dropped their green fire in the middle of the room on the last phase which exploded and killed me and some others. For the rest I think the problem probably comes from a combination of the gear issue as many people regularly killing those out gear me by now (when adjusted for item level the ones that went smoothly get better). Those are also the same bosses that my regular progression stopped at and that most pugs can't do so I don't have nearly as much experience in them as I do with the first 8 so I haven't had the chance to gain much hands-on experience for prime DPS yet.

I've played with a lot of ex-military guys before and I something I do have plenty of experience with is profanity so your leadership style wouldn't exactly be foreign.

Freecelll

well thank you for explaining. I'm not an officer, so do not take what i'm saying as the end all be all. Right now with your current gear and progression, you're behind pace for what we want and need. You would require a trinket, some heroic tier not to mention learning the way we do bosses.

With that being said, i don't see why you couldn't join the guild under trial and work towards that gear you have past raid experience that shows you are a great player. Also please understand if you join we currently have slots open but only to the best, with you behind on gear etc you can see the conundrum the officers will face on bringing you over another raider. If you're prepared to sit under trial while u gear, learn strats and catch up then id say yea lets do it but it will take more time if you don't mind waiting for a shot.

All of the above is just from my observation, your also alliance, so you could come for our alt run to check performance. Either way its up to the officers to make the final decision. Good luck!

Ayreal-Alex
Guild Leader

I agree with everything Freecell said above. Let me know if you'd like to join as a trial, and come along to farm stuff to try and gear up, as well as joining for our Sunday night alt runs, etc.

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon
_Alathis
Friends/Alts

A few extra weeks on a trial basis in order to get up to mythic level wouldn't bother me since it doesn't look like HFC is going anywhere for quite a while. I did a good number of bosses earlier in the week and grabbed a few more pieces but I have some seals left over and some bosses I'm not locked to so if you'd like me to run with your alt raid on Sunday before doing anything else that would be great as well.

Freecelll

Add me on realid if you havent transfered or added anyone else

Freecell#1900 we can get you into guild. unsure if you were able to make the alt run.

_Alathis
Friends/Alts

I added you. I haven't transferred yet since from my experience most people want to do some sort of cross realm raid first and I wasn't sure if that was the case. But regardless I'll be ready for the alt run this weekend.

Freecelll

correct that alt run is the perfect opportunity for you to see how we operate and do things. I will hopefully see you then, also dont be shy shoot me a whisper some time and we can talk in mumble. itll also be helpful to put a note on your btag. 

Cheers

Freecell the bestest persons ever

Freecelll

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PF79ybdzNG3nDhat/#fight=37

These are the parses from our run tonight. I overlooked them.

You either parsed well overall for class/spec or parsed well in your bracket on the majority of fights. You definitely do the damage thats needed, BUT to caveat this. Using the Compare, i can find extremely similar hunters that you beat, but they still have better performance than you.

1. Your Steadyshot counts seem low, ive compared them to multiple hunters. They are off by about 10-15. I personally don't know why, but i assume you would so thats an easy fix.

2. Sniper Training uptime, the only fight i can give you a pass on is xul, cuz we do a wacky strat. Overall you're uptime is around 85% on most fights(higher on others) when some other hunters are sitting around 93% and You're still beating them on DPS and could easily surpass them farther if you worked on it.

What i said above are just the major things i saw that could bump up your dmg.

Observations during raid tonight:

1. You suck at dodging barrage on Iron Reaver(1 shots on Mythic).

2. You redeemed yourself by handling mechanics relatively on your own without call outs for the rest of the instance.

3. You were ready to cover down on visions group if someone died.

4.You double potted every single fight, in line with your cds at proper % marks. A+ from me here.

Overall i really like how you play, obviously some gear and some practice will get you into mythic but that comes with time as we discussed, you're no doubt a great hunter and i look forward to seeing you on tuesday for Heroic. After that if you still perform and you like how we operate then definitely join us.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Eternal Life Forum Index -> Accepted Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: