View previous topic :: View next topic  
Epsilonchild
Co Guild Leader

re: It's Finally Here!!! November 13th

So I know each and everyone one of you have been on the edge of your seats, losing your freaking MINDS!!!!!1! since Blizz announced the announcement of Warlords of Draenor. Today in just over an hour we'll find out how long we keep killing Garrosh before he escapes and we chase him back through the Dark Portal and begin to question the laws of the universe and create every kind of temporal paradox ever conceived. But screw that, blizz says back to Draenor.

For those of you how haven't been following along, MMO-Champ has a lot of great info about the expansion.

You can watch the live stream of the announcement here.

Update: So the released the first episode of a mini-series the gives a bit of background on a few of the key warlords, the intro cinematic (very EPIC), links below.

<3

NOVEMBER 13th, 2014

MARK YOUR CALENDARS!

Intro Cinematic

Lords of War Miniseries - Kargath Bladefist

Last edited by Epsilonchild on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:59 pm; edited 3 times in total

Of fuckin course... it releases on my god damn anniversary.... Why you do dis blizz?!

Warlords of November

so freaking exited. I kicked a stool in our living room after the cinematic

"Just nuke the rogue when he opens"...
Atlas317

Lol comes out on a thursday. wot?

Last edited by Atlas317 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total

The cinematic was pretty epic.

@Atlas: yea curious to see if they'll unlock Heroic (currently Normal mode) the following Tuesday (18th) or they'll give people an extra week...

anyone else catch when mannoroth died and the fire was exactly like the WC3 cinematic but this time garrosh pushed him out of it?

http://imgur.com/HYeu1ip  - WC3 

http://imgur.com/wjKJsRz - WOD 

I don't know why but i just thought that was a cool touch WoD looks great

waltonpriest

I think this expansion will be very cool to horde players and folks who are big on lore.

Only time will tell.

I'm pretty excited about this xpac, looks like raids will open 2 and 1/2 weeks after release as well as longer time in between the next raid.

First, once we get a little closer to release and things start getting finalized on the beta, I'd like to grab a few people and spam a bunch of dungeons so we're familiar with them so we can get some challenge modes going the first couple weeks before raids open. if we get a bunch of people interested and get a couple groups going, we'll be able to get some lfr gear before we start raiding. Every little bit helps.

Second, from the moment Grommash was announced as the final boss, I knew the legion would be involved. I'm guessing that Sargeras was a little pissed about the orcs killing Mannoroth, not drinking the blood thus not becoming servants of the legion (this is what happened in the original timeline). So the legion is back to "set things right" and corrupt the orcs once again. Will be curious to see what key Burning Legion members will be bosses in the last tier. Seeing as a lot of the lore/storyline/characters of this expansion form an alternate reality to the events in the original RTS warcraft games and various novels, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to assume some familiar enemies come out of the woodwork. The "later legendaries" will probably come from mythic version of this raid tier, and will take a TON of time to complete (seeing as everybody and their mother will have gotten their "welfare legendary" ring earlier).

Further to that, it will be interesting to see what the expansion after warlords will be. Haven't read the war crimes novel yet, so might be missing information from there but I'm guessing in SoO we purged the last of the corruption of the Old God Y'shaarj. Which would leave one confirmed Old God left, N'Zoth (some sources speculate more, but not confirmed). That would require an underwater expansion, which Blizz hates the idea of just as much as the majority of the player base does. It would probably involve killing countless thousands of Naga, the old god N'Zoth, most likely fighting Queen Azshara, and spending a year underwater, constantly getting disoriented in a 3D world (Vashj'ir only an entire expansion of it). Another possibility would be, after we kill Grommash and set the Burning Legion's plans back, again, we start to take the fight to the Burning legion. The end point of this would be the killing of Sargeras however he's a former titan and could pretty much just will us out of existence, so we'd probably need to go searching and gain super Titan powers to be able to fight him. This is an unlikely choice for the expansion because it would effectively end WoW. You've killed the ultimate evil. You win, thanks for playing. Blizz would have to have another game probably close to, if not already released to take WoW's place atop the MMO throne. *cough* Project Titan *cough*

I've been asking for years for an xpac in which we go to Nathrezim homeworld, where Kil'Jaedan is from and all those demons. Wouldn't have to kill Sargeras or anything, but a major base for the Burning Legion could be plundered for untold power...

Epsilonchild
Co Guild Leader

Kil'jaeden is actually from Argus. Along with Archimonde, Velen, and the rest of the Draenei. The Nathrezim are from Xoroth (also where warlock Dreadsteed mounts are from). But you're right an expansion like that would be good in that we destroy a major hub of the legion's activities and find some powerful shit along the way. Would probably be a short expansion though, and if we do go down that path it commits blizzard to the kill the Burning Legion path which would probably then be followed by the "final" expansion of WoW. Anything else would either clearly be pulled out of Blizzard's ass, or would be another relevant storyline, but it would be completely out of context. I.E. "Ok, awesome we just killed all of the Nathrezim! Oh shit, the Naga are causing trouble back home, better deal with that before we continue on towards Sargeras." Just wouldn't make a whole lot of sense...

The unfortunate part about it is that Blizzard is slowly running out of ideas. There are only a couple main storylines left (Dealing with Sargeras/Burning Legion and finding and destroying N'Zoth/the Naga). Sure they could probably get two expacs out of the Burning Legion, but any more than that would probably be too drawn out and people would lose interest, and WoW would die anyways.

Of course all of this is assuming that Warlords isn't the big failure that kills WoW. It's unlikely to be, most of the things people are kicking and screaming about, are necessary changes that they'll adapt to, but Blizzard is foolish if they don't understand that Warlords needs to be a big hit.

Really, Kil'Jaeden is Eredar? totally thought he was Nathrezim. I knew Archimonde was Eredar but hey learn something new all the time.

Bravoman
Porkslope
Friends/Alts

Kil'jaden, Archimonde and Velen were the three most powerful pre-fel Eredar. Kil'jaden considered Velen to be his brother which is why he felt betrayed to the degree of hunting Velen down this entire time when Velen did not accept Sargeras' offer. Archimonde and Sargeras don't particularly give much a rat's ass about Velen and the Draenei other than that they're an obstacle to the Legion's plans, only Kil'jaden absolutely hates Valen.

But yeah, for everyone should make sure to finish off all valor upgrades before WoD launches as that gear is not being reverted back to their original item level. Given what feedback and personal experience on the beta you're not going to replace Heroic (Mythic) gear until 96 at the earliest, and that's if you just get lucky with a quest reward becoming epic rather than uncommon/rare.

Edit: And some reports say that you won't be replacing this gear until level 100 dungeon drops. Well worth the valor just to have a nice leveling set.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Eternal Life Forum Index -> Public All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: