View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bravoman
Porkslope
Friends/Alts

re: Bravoman's Weeb News - Fall 2015 Anime

Since I've probably turned people off of using the random thread with this sort of stuff, I figure it will be better to post it in its own thread rather than what I have been doing. With that in mind, here's the Fall 2015 Anime lineup:

Shows that I think I will be following that I also hope to be good:

• One Punch Man - The manga revolves around the titular super hero who has trained so hard that his hair has fallen out, and who can overcome any enemy with one punch. However, because he is so strong, he has become bored and frustrated with winning all his battles so easily.
  • Owarimonogatari - The anime will cover the "Ougi Formula," "Sodachi Riddle," and "Sodachi Lost" chapters from the first novel, as well as the "Shinobu Mail" chapter from the second novel.
  • Hokuto no Ken: Ichigo Aji - [This Fist of the North Star] spinoff centers on a fun version of the Holy Emperor Souther as he tries to find ways to become friends with Kenshirou, demonstrates his party techniques, and sometimes plays with the Gosha Sei.
  • Garo: Guren no Tsuki - Producer Masao Maruyama announced at animation studio MAPPA's Otakon panel that the second Garo: Honoo no Kokuin television anime series is slated for this October. Unlike the first Garo anime, this series will be a jidaigeki (period drama) set in the Heian period. It will have a female protagonist.
  • Heavy Object - The science-fiction war action story revolves around Objects — powerful, massive weapons that change the course of warfare — and Elite Object pilots. An odd Elite girl named Milinda meets Quenser, a student who aims to become a Object mechanic, with the soldier-in-training Heivia on a snowy battlefield.
  • Noragami Aragato - Season two of Noragami which will adapt the manga's Bishamon arc.
  • Concrete Revolution: Choujin Gensou - The stage is set in “another Japan” as a banquet of diverse superhumans unfolds…

In an imaginary "age of gods" about 20 years after the war, Japan has grown and developed by leaps and bounds. What if all the superhumans ever written about in fictional stories existed at the same time? Superhumans who came into existence through different circumstances, and who are special in different ways -- Titans from outer space, lifeforms from a mystical world, phantoms and goblins from ancient times, cyborgs created by scientists, relics that rose out of the ruins of ancient civilizations, and the list goes on. One segment of these superhumans makes no secret of their existence and has gained popularity in society. Others cloak their identities and fight in secrecy.

There are enemies of superhumans as well, organizations that operate in the shadows.

The Japanese government has taken many measures to secure peace and order.

One is the establishment of an organization under the Ministry of Health and Welfare -- the Overpopulation Research Laboratory, a.k.a. the Superhuman Bureau.

Their mission is to identify and approach suerhumans, then oversee and safeguard them. One member of the Superhuman Bureau, Jiro Hitoyoshi, is protagonist of this series.

Reasons why I'm hopeful for the above:

• One Punch Man - Been reading the manga since about Chapter 10. It's great and [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madhouse_%28company%29]Madhouse[/url] has done amazing adaptations/original stories before. Odds are that everyone who has watched anime to some degree has seen at least one of their shows.
  • Owarimonogatari - Been a sucker for the various Monogatari shows so far, as while the show could be described as just a slideshow with a bunch of dialogue, the VAs in this show are amazing (to name a few: Kamiya Hiroshi, Miki Shin-ichiro, Saito Chiwa, Sakamoto Maaya, Kana Hanazawa).
  • Hokuto no Ken: Ichigo Aji - It's Fist of the North Star meets comedy, what could possibly go wrong?
  • Garo: Guren no Tsuki - I liked the previous animated Garo and it's being done by the same company.
  • Heavy Object - From what I've heard about this, it's less mech versus mech and more how do a couple of random footsoldiers Macyver their way to beating a mech
  • Noragami Aragato - Honestly didn't care about this until I found out that Kamiya Hiroshi was in it. First episode is good, so going to work on the previous season before continuing.
  • Concrete Revolution: Choujin Gensou - Bones usually does good original anime. I'd be a bit more wary if this were a Light Novel adaptation, as the ones with a similar theme are generally only good for their memes.
Epsilonchild
Co Guild Leader

re: Bravoman's Weeb News - Fall 2015 Anime

I already have too many shows to watch as is, guess i've got a few more... lol

Jump to: